Hiring: Packaging Lead
About the Company:
JACEK Chocolate is an award-winning small business, with 14 years in manufacturing and retailing of luxury chocolate products. We are a Sherwood Park based organization with a retail store, wholesale partners & an online store, shipping across Canada.
We are a team of chocolatiers, business and creative professionals that share a core purpose to spread joy in an environment of teamwork, creativity, experience and excellence.
The role responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing daily/weekly product packaging workload and directing activities to packaging team members as needed
- Completing the timely and accurate packaging of various chocolate products in accordance with product specifications
- Using various packaging equipment (flow-wrapper, sealing machines, label printers, automated hoppers, etc.) to complete packaging activities
- Using ERP System daily to process packaging work orders and enter product records
- Using ERP System daily to prepare products for customer order fulfillment
- Cleaning and organizing the packaging area on a daily/weekly basis
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working in a food manufacturing/packaging setting
- Be detail orientated with ability to adhere to packaging standards/procedures
- Be willing to take on additional tasks outside of packaging as needed
- Be physically fit enough to comfortably work on feet for majority of the day and lift up to 40 LBS
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Be comfortable working with computer systems
- Must be willing to work autonomously and with a team
- Be resourceful in seeking out tasks to do in slower seasons, and thrive in very busy holiday seasons
- High level of English proficiency, both oral and written
- Be a strong communicator with the ability to delegate
- Be highly organized, with strong multi-tasking skills
- Be mechanically minded and comfortable working with packaging equipment
- Be committed to our core purpose of Spreading Joy
- This is a full-time position based at our Sherwood Park chocolate studio (in-person)
- 8am – 4pm (with availability on weekends in peak seasons)
To apply, please include a cover letter with why you think you are the perfect candidate for the Packaging Lead role. Only candidates with a cover letter will be considered.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2023.