Production Assistant & Cleaning – Seasonal (Oct to February)
About our company
We are an award-winning small business, with 14 years in manufacturing and retailing of luxury confectionary products. We are a Sherwood Park based organization with two retail boutiques, two partner locations, wholesale partners nationwide.
We are currently seeking a Production Assistant & Cleaner to assist us in filling our seasonal demands from October 2, 2023 to March 2, 2024, 2023 from 830am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday at our facility at 406 Kaska Road, Sherwood Park, AB.
The ideal fit will be a candidate with laser focus on details & fast paced. We are a dynamic team that shares a core purpose to spread joy by working in an environment of teamwork, artistry, continuous improvement and excellence.
What you’ll do?
Assisting the production team with tasks such as:
- Preparing & polishing molds on the front end of the chocolate making process, then knocking out & condensing the chocolates from the molds onto trays to prepare for packaging
- Receiving ingredients and packaging, and putting them into storage in their designated locations (must be able to lift 40lbs)
- Cycle counting of ingredients, packaging and supplies on a monthly basis
- Tasks related to our HACCP Plan, including monitoring temperatures, sanitations schedules
- Vacuum/Nitrogen sealing ingredients
- Weighing out & preparing recipes
Cleaning tasks will include:
- All dishwashing tasks; rinsing, dishwashing, unloading the dishwasher and putting away the cleaned items
- End of day production area clean down, including sanitation, sweeping, mopping and completing the relevant documentation
- Deep cleaning based on the HACCP requirements & schedule in the production, warehouse and food storage areas, and completing the relevant documentation.
- Bathrooms (3 times a week) & lunchroom (weekly)
The ideal candidate will:
- Manage time-effectively and is a self-starter to get all tasks completed
- Have high standards for cleanliness (and enjoy cleaning!)
- Must enjoy repetitive tasks, and always looking for ways to improve quality and efficiency.
- Have kitchen & cleaning experience
- Must be able to be on their feet for long periods of time
To apply for the position, please submit your resume & cover letter with details to why you would be a good fit for JACEK to email@example.com by Sept 11, 2023.