Choc-uterie and Ganache (butter board) Recipes
Are you ready to be the host with the most this holiday season? We’ve dreamed up two different choc-uterie board designs that are just as beautiful as they are delicious. First up we have a more traditional board that is perfectly crafted for those who love a mix of sweet and salty. We’ve listed below the 4 different JACEK Chocolate and cheese pairings that we recommend - but you can mix and match however your taste buds desire! Complete your board with different nuts, fresh fruits, and crackers and you’re ready to serve.
Want to wow your guests even more? Visit our page "HOW TO (Really) TASTE CHOCOLATE” to become an expert in the art of chocolate tasting!
Next up we have our version of the viral “butter” board! Instead of the classic butter base, however, we have an even tastier spread: creamy dark chocolate ganache. On top we’ve sprinkled a mixture of fruits and nuts, and served it with a variety of cookies. Yum!
Here is the recipe:
Classic Dark Chocolate Ganache
1 cup fine dark chocolate, finely chopped (our callets work perfectly)
1/2 cup whipping cream (35%)
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
1 Tbsp butter, unsalted at room temperature
- Add the chopped chocolate to a heatproof bowl
- Add cream and corn syrup to a pot and bring to 80 degrees Celsius
- Pour cream mixture over the finely chopped chocolate and let sit for 1 minute
- Using a spatula, stir cream and chocolate together using small circles; starting in the centre and working your way to the outside until it is all incorporated
- Add butter immediately and use an immersion blender to fully incorporate
- Let the mixture cool to 25 degrees Celsius and use the immersion blender once more to obtain a nice, smooth emulsion
- Place bowl in refrigerator to cool until firm (approx. 20 minutes)
- Using a spatula, spread the ganache over the platter or plate.
- Add the toppings of your choice